1086 Domesday Book mentions Priest in Chesterton with 1 Virgate (30 acres) of land.
1200 First recorded rector – Reginald de Paris
1216 Cardinal Guala arrives in England
1217 Guala is given the living of St Andrew’s by Henry III
1218 St. Andrew’s Church is given to Vercelli Abbey, in Italy, by Cardinal Guala.
1260 Cruciform Church on present site
1330 Church rebuilt in Decorated style with West tower, the transepts being extended to form the North and South aisles
1334 Guild of the Resurrection formed
1350 Chesterton Tower built
1377 Guild of St Mary founded
1440 Advowson transferred to King’s Hall, now Trinity College, Cambridge.
15th Century Doom Painting depicting the Last Judgement.
1500’s North vestry built.
1642 William Dowsing on instruction from Cromwell’s Parliament destroys 14 crosses and 40 pictures and levels the Chancel steps.
1797 Memorial to Anna Maria Vassa, daughter of Olaudah
1803 Act of Parliament – all parish priests to reside within their own parish.
1812 Old Vicarage was built.
1842-47 The chancel, roof, and the church spire were restored.
1860 Church Organ installed at West end of the building.
1897 East Window given to church.
1900 Organ reconstructed in its present position.
1921 New clock installed in tower.
1934 North vestry extended (to create choir vestry).
1939 Organ rebuilt with separate console.
1968 Major restoration of tower and spire.
1980 Doom Painting cleaned.
1990’s Church tower floodlit, new shrubs planted in churchyard, building interior redecorated.